Quick Response Carers was started in Brisbane in 2008 as a response to the need for an emergency response service within the Disability, Aged Care and Mental Health sector – a sector with a severe shortage of experienced support staff.
We do this by providing temporary and emergency staff to government and non-government service providers as well as to families and carers.
QR Carers can provide professional support workers 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
What is different about Quick Response?
We are small enough to hand pick our staff, but large enough to be able to offer you a choice of support staff. All support workers have experience in relevant fields, and have acquired the necessary work place requirements e.g. first aid, yellow positive notice card, working with children checks, manual handling qualifications, bowel care therapy and epilepsy. We are also committed to upskilling staff in other areas that are required for your support.
Our staff have a minimum of 2 years experience within the related field.
We ensure that they have:
- First aid qualifications
- A clear criminal history
- Blue and Yellow cards
- A can do attitude
just to name a few.
Our staff are trained in :
- Manual handling
- Gastrostomy Peg
- Bowel therapy
- Non-violent crisis intervention (NVCI)
- The role of a support worker
To provide a quick and responsive service with care and compassion to people, services and families in need.
To make positive differences in the lives of people and services in need.
Our Service Principles
- Quick Response Carers respect and respond to the diverse needs and cultures of people with disabilities and their families or other significant people in their lives.
- We are established specialists in the provision of support to people with high and complex care needs.
- We provide quality and individualised services, based on compliance with relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
- We respect each person and organisation who uses our service.
- We employ, train and support the right staff for the job.